Jun 10, 2020 | Share Your Beautiful
The Black Resilience Fund launched June 1, 2020, as a space to allow Black Portlanders to feel supported, to feel hopeful and to allow all Portlanders a way to move forward as a community. This emergency fund is dedicated to healing and resilience by providing immediate resources to Black Portlanders.
In the first 12 hours of launching they raised over $11,000 and were able to immediately help 50 Black Portlanders, in amounts ranging from $13 to $300, for everything from a hot meal to unexpected emergencies. For many Black families across the US, the past few weeks have felt like “salt on a festering wound,” and the Black Resilience Fund was launched as an opportunity for non-Black allies to provide concrete support for Black people in their very own community.
The Black Resilience Fund is a program of Brown Hope, a nonprofit and community solution for racial justice. They provide a bold vision of how to create platforms for Black, Brown, and Indigenous people to be seen, to love, and to lead. We are thrilled to have the Black Resilience Fund and Brown Hope join the Beneficial Banking family.
Ways to Support
- Donate at their GoFundMe Profile or brownhope.org for a tax-deductible contribution.
- FollowCameron Whitten and the Black Resilience Fund on Facebook Live, every day at 9:00am and 7:30pm Cameron goes live to give an update about funds raised and those helped. Please re-share his updates to spread the word.
- If you live in the Portland region, sign up to volunteer, they need drivers, cooks, and more.
- Have a superpower you can leverage to bring in donations? This artist is giving away beautiful prints for every donation.
- Order Black Resilience Fund merchandise.