Resources to help you achieve financial stability
Virtual Financial Wellness Workshops
We are offering virtual financial wellness workshops in English and Spanish to help you through financial hardships you may be experiencing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In our upcoming webinars, we will focus on the Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and options for financing.
To sign up for a one-hour financial wellness webinar, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with one of the below webinar dates.
Upcoming video conferences: Money Smart for Adults
- Mon Jul 6, 2020 – 1. Your Money, Values and Influences
- Wed Jul 8, 2020 – 2. You Can Bank on It
- Fri Jul 10, 2020 – 3. Your Income and Expenses
- Mon Jul 13, 2020 – 4. Your Spending and Saving Plan
- Wed Jul 15, 2020 – 5. Your Savings
- Fri Jul 17, 2020 – 6. Credit Reports and Scores
- Mon Jul 20, 2020 – 7. Borrowing Basics
- Wed Jul 22, 2020 – 8. Managing Debt
- Fri Jul 24, 2020 – 9. Using Credit Cards
- Mon Jul 27, 2020 – 10. Building Your Financial Future
- Wed Jul 29, 2020 – 11. Protecting Your Identity and Other Assets
- Fri Jul 31, 2020 – 12. Making Housing Decisions
- Mon Aug 3, 2020 – 13. Buying a Home
- Wed Aug 5, 2020 – 14. Disasters – Financial Preparation and Recovery
All times are 10:00 a.m. PST unless otherwise indicated.
All workshops will be lead by Rafael Carlos Rogel, Financial Education Instructor.
Rafael has been an educator since 2003 and is very passionate about teaching and empowering the community to make better, wiser and more informed decisions about their personal finances. Rafael earned his B.A. in English with an emphasis in Teaching in 2003 and later went on to receive his TESOL Certification (Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages) through the University of Cambridge in 2013. In 2014, Rafael turned his attention the financial sector and is currently the Financial Education Instructor with Beneficial State Bank, where he provides financial wellness presentations to the community throughout California at high schools, colleges, non-profits etc., at no cost.
Featured Workshop: Clean Vehicle Assistance Program
For accessibility purposes, the full, readable PDF of this presentation can be downloaded using the link below.
Can't make one of our workshops?
Download previous presentations, including clickable links to resources discussed, below:
Online Tool for Local Resources
This free online tool finds local resources that can help you cut costs and get your finances on track.
We’ve partnered with SpringFour, an independent company that researches and verifies non-profit and government organizations that can help you get in better financial shape. Just enter your zip code and what you’re looking for and they’ll find trusted resources that can help you:
- Find a job
- Get financial guidance
- Pay less for utilities like heat, electricity, gas and water
- Save money on childcare, home repair, prescriptions and more
- Reduce your expenses by as much as $250* a month
If there are no resources found within 35 miles of your ZIP code, the tool will find state or national resources that may be able to provide the kind of assistance you’re looking for.