From day one, Beneficial State Bank has been committed to supporting our community above and beyond its lending by providing sponsorships to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations each year. Historically we have provided the equivalent of 10% or more of Beneficial State Bank’s profits. That’s ten times the U.S. average corporate giving of less than 1% (0.76%).
In 2019, we will continue to help the bank provide sponsorship to 501(c)(3) organizations in California, Oregon, and Washington that are engaged in transformative social justice and environmental work in our target sectors:
- Affordable and Multi-family Housing
- Arts, Culture and Community Building
- Education and Youth Development
- Beneficial Financial Services
- Economic, Business and Job Development
- Making, Manufacturing and Production
- Social Justice
- Environmental Sustainability
- Health and Well-being (non-food)
- Healthy Food
- Other Mission Categories (Business Ownership, Structures and Practices)
The Foundation does not currently provide program grants or donations, and the Foundation cannot sponsor individuals. We choose to make small sponsorships available to many organizations; most of our sponsorships from 2013 through 2018 were less than $1,000.
Sponsorship Request Process
We welcome your sponsorship request. Please note these requirements before submission.
- You must be a 501(c)(3)or have a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor to be eligible for support.
- Our sponsorship program is currently for event sponsorship only. Requests for support for program operation / capital campaigns will not be considered.
- Your event must have a confirmed date to be considered, and you must submit your request at least 60 days prior to the event.
- You may only submit one request per organization per calendar year.
Meet these criteria and ready to submit? Sponsorship requests for events occurring in 2019 must be submitted through this online form. You will be able to upload sponsorship packets through the Formsite link provided. Please also have a copy of your 501(c)(3) determination or affirmation letter to attach during this process.
If you are in California, contact Maritessa Bravo Ares.
If you are in Oregon or Washington, contact Sara Marx.