From day one, Beneficial State Bank has been committed to supporting our community above and beyond its lending by providing sponsorships to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations each year. Historically we have provided the equivalent of 10% or more of Beneficial State Bank’s profits. That’s ten times the U.S. average corporate giving of less than 1% (0.76%).
In 2020, we will continue to help the bank provide sponsorship to 501(c)(3) organizations in California, Oregon, and Washington that are engaged in transformative social justice and environmental work in our target sectors:
- Affordable and Multi-family Housing
- Arts, Culture and Community Building
- Education and Youth Development
- Beneficial Financial Services
- Economic, Business and Job Development
- Making, Manufacturing and Production
- Social Justice
- Environmental Sustainability
- Health and Well-being (non-food)
- Healthy Food
- Other Mission Categories (Business Ownership, Structures and Practices)
The Foundation cannot sponsor individuals. We choose to make small sponsorships available to many organizations; most of our sponsorships from 2013 through 2019 were less than $1,000.
2020 Sponsorship Request Criteria
In recognition of shelter in place ordinances among our communities, our requirements for the 2020 Sponsorship Program have changed. It is important that we continue supporting changemakers while we collectively observe social distancing.
Please note these updated requirements before submission:
- You must be a 501(c)(3) organization or have a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor to be eligible for support.
- We welcome sponsorship requests to support online events, program operation, and capital campaigns.
- If you are requesting funds for an event, please submit your request at least 60 days prior to the start date.
Meet these criteria and ready to submit? Click here to submit a sponsorship request for events occurring in 2020.
You will be able to upload sponsorship packets through the Formsite link provided above. Please also have a copy of your 501(c)(3) determination letter to attach during this process. If you have a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor, you will also need to attach a fiscal sponsor agreement form signed by both entities and the fiscal sponsor’s 501(c)(3) determination letter.
Please contact Sara Marx.